In Our Own Voice
In Our Own Voice (IOOV) is a unique recovery education presentation program, delivered by trained consumer presenters who share their personal stories. IOOV is also an opportunity for those who have struggled with mental illness to gain confidence by sharing their individual experiences of recovery and transformation.
Presentations can be given to any organization or group, including consumer groups, students, law enforcement officials, educators, providers, faith community members, politicians, professionals, inmates, and interested civic groups.
2020 In Our Own Voice Presenter Training
The 2020 IOOV Presenter training will be held on September 25-26, 2020 using Zoom Video Conferencing.
To apply: Complete the 2020 IOOV Presenter Training Application
For more information:
Read the NAMI Missouri Informational Memo to interested participants
View the Training Schedule/ Agenda
See the In Our Own Voice Presenter Agreement – updated May 2019
The Spring 2020 In Our Own Voice Presenter Training was canceled and rescheduled as a virtual training using Zoom Video Conferencing Software.
In Our Own Voice downloadable forms
For participant use only
- NAMI Missouri IOOV evaluation form (Updated 7-2-19)
- IOOV Presentation Report Form
- IOOV Speaker Fee Request Form
- Travel reimbursement form
You may also submit your information and upload evaluations using the IOOV Presenter Report Webform
Previous Presenter Training Sessions
- 2019 In Our Own Voice Presenter Training – Fri., May 3, 2019
- 2018 (Fall) In Our Own Voice Presenter Training – Sat., Sept. 29, 2018
- 2018 (Spring) In Our Own Voice Presenter Training – May 4, 2018
- 2017 In Our Own Voice Presenter Training – June 2-3, 2017
Additional resources for IOOV presenters are available on the NAMI Missouri IOOV Password Protected Program Page.